[Tango-artists] GTK, Opera

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Thu Mar 9 02:53:42 PST 2006

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:42:37 +0100
JUMP <jp at jannol.com> wrote:

> I just wonder if there are more gtk and/or metacity theming going on. I
> began mixing and modifying a suite that I will ask around about
> redistribution but it is not done yet.
>
> The problem is that I kinda mix and modify from all around so it might
> be a lot of asking. I almost don't have a clue how redistribution works,
> some people seem to just mix whatever as in themes, images, code and
> throw it out but I do know there is all kinds of license etc. but not
> how to apply to all.
>
> I began modifing the Tango CL Opera (that doesn't sound very
> computish :) skin to fit my current setup.
>
> And if I can't redistribute it when it's done, well then I can use it
> myself. ;)
>
> Here's a shot of my wip
>
> http://linux.jannol.com/ubuntu/shots/NDT_060307.png
>

> So my Questions is
>
> Q1. Is there more GTK/Metacity Tango theming going on?
>
> Q2. How to properly act within redistribution?
>
> Q3. Anyone interested of working with me on my current setup?

Yes. I saw that through those screenshots that you use Ubuntu, so this
may be of direct interest to you. Right now the Ubuntu art team are
working on some themed-packages for universe, of which one, the best
and most complete will make it into Dapper. One of them is a complete
Tango package, for Ubuntu which will be in the universe repositories
and I hope, since I'm the main guy working on it, appear as a secondary
theme in Dapper.

The package will include not just the Metacity theme, the icon set but
also a GNOME splash, GDM theme, Firefox and Thunderbird theme and so
forth. There is a wiki page for it here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/OfficialTango

> Have a nice day
>
> Cheers, Janne

Kind regards,