[Tango-artists] New size proposal 32x32

William Szilveszter wszilveszter at gmail.com
Tue May 30 15:59:26 PDT 2006

I was at first not fond of the missing 32x32 icons in the current Tango
theme. Over time I found it rather nice and grew comfortable with the
current sizes.

I would like to see the removal of that size from programs and Linux in
general. I doubt that will ever happen, but I am personally not for
promoting the use of that size. Tango should sway design and if enough
work is put into it, can become a uniform way of developing graphical
entities for the desktop (ranging from the desktop itself to the
programs that run on it).

I personally have a vision of pixel perfection for the desktop, but for
those of you familiar with the gperfection "campaign," I am sure that
was quite apparent by now.

I would like Tango to "opt out" of the 32x32 size and hope that in doing
so, we can push change in the different programs out there for Linux in
general.

On a side note, I am curious why the 22x22 was selected over 24x24?

Regards,

Will