[Tango-artists] Waltz icon management system beta2 release

Juan Colino juan.colino at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:23:01 PDT 2007

2007/4/9, Ulisse <ulisail at yahoo.it>:
> Hi Juan,
> you linked the beta1 in the mail,but I was able to find the beta2 and
> tried it.

Sorry about that. The right link for the beta2 is:
https://forja.rediris.es/frs/download.php/293/waltz-0.1-beta2.tar.gz

> Here I list some points that I think have to be fixed/improved:
>
> - I can't get to show any .svg icon, but if I right-click a png, up pops
> a menu asking to open it with inkscape. You should either make the svgs
> show in the app and use mimetypes or stuff like that to guess the file
> format and offer the right editing application.

Currently the app only works with png icons. I'll add svg support
soon. And to select which program to use depending on the mimetype its
a nice idea. I'll try it.

> - the "open theme" entry in menu doesn't do anything

Yes, it's not implemented yet.

> - I cannot understand how to open an index file, maybe the "open theme"
> is for that...

As you suppose, the open theme option is to open and index.theme file
and all its icons.

> - if you scroll a page of icons, the column headers goes away with the
> content, instead of remaining at the top

Good observation. I'll fix it soon.

> let's see what you can do with beta3 ;)
>
> Ciao,
> Ulisse.