[Tango-artists] Licensing Questions for Tango Icons and Derivative Icons

Simon Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Mon Aug 20 06:08:31 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 20:25 +1000, Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
> Currently my thoughts on what I need to do to be compatible with the
> License type is to include a file located with the SVG files within
> the Boost Subversion repository specifically to cover licensing.  This
> file (LICENSE.txt) will include:
>
> 1.            An acknowledgement section stating that the original
> icons were sourced from the Tango Desktop Project (with a URL link to
> the home page);
>

> 2.            A license section stating that the SVG files are
> licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 2.5
> license.  With a URL to the official license site
> (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/).
>

> Will this be sufficient or do I need to also include the Tango AUTHORS
> file with the icons?

Attribution and keeping it CC-BY-SA licensed (and mentioning that) is
all you need to do. Since it's hard to determine who did what icon
exactly without looking at the SVG metadata (Inkscape: File -> Document
Metadata) I think mentioning the Tango artists and the Tango Project
would suffice and rock. :)

Ta. :)

-Pascal