[Tango-artists] needed icons

Jakub Steiner jimmac at novell.com
Fri Aug 31 02:48:37 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 11:46 -0400, David Jordan wrote:
> Is there a process/procedure by which one can suggest new icons that are
> needed? For example, I have a need for an icon to represent a generic
> database. It is very commonly represented by a 3D cylinder in system
> diagrams. Alternative, an icon depicting a relational database (rows and
> columns) would be useful, but it would be far easier to render the cylinder.

Hi David,
while the base Tango icon theme only covers the core desktop essentials
defined in the naming spec, there are Tango styled icons available that
include the stuff you're looking for. In particular the OpenOffice.org
set.

Unlike tango icon theme, OOo is distributed under the GNU LGPL, which is
likely to be usable for your website too, though. The only downside is
that it only comes as 16x16 and 24x24px bitmaps.

You can download the set with a cvs client:

cvs co -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.services.openoffice.org:/cvs -r cws_src680_jimmactango3 ui/ooo_custom_images

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at novell.com>