[Tango-artists] Request for more ArtLibre/Scribus Icons

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Mon Jan 8 13:37:56 PST 2007

Hi,

I was chatting to Andreas and Jimmac in #scribus and was asked to post
requests directly to the mailing list.

Where we are less tango-ified (?) in 1.3.4cvs:
-The align & distribute window, we are using old Inkscape icons plus a couple
I hacked up for functions Inkscape doesn't have. The 2 in the ArtLibre area
look ok to me, if it was a complete set we could use them.
We have (from the tooltips):
Align right sides of items to left side of anchor
Align left sides of items to right side of anchor
Align bottoms
Align right sides
Align tops of items to bottom of anchor
Center on vertical axis
Align left sides
Center on horizontal axis
Align bottoms of items to top of anchor
Align tops

Make horizontal gaps between items equal
Make horizontal gaps between items equal to the value specified
Distribute right sides equidistantly
Distribute bottoms equidistantly
Distribute centers equidistantly horizontally
Make vertical gaps between items equal
Make vertical gaps between items equal to the value specified
Distribute left sides equidistantly
Distribute centers equidistantly vertically
Distribute tops equidistantly
Make horizontal gaps between items and sides of page equal
Make vertical gaps between items and the top and bottom of page equal
Make horizontal gaps between items and sides of page margins equal
Make vertical gaps between items and the top and bottom of page margins equal
Distribute the items with the distance specified

Any naming spec you see fit is ok, along the lines of whats already on
artlibre and the above.

Secondly, our node palette has icons from the dark ages of Scribus:
Move Nodes
Move Control Points
Add Nodes
Delete Nodes
Move Control Points Independently
Move Control Points Symmetrical
Reset Control Points
Reset this Control Point
Open a Polygon or Cuts a Bezier Curve
Close this Bezier Curve
Mirror the Path Horizontally
Mirror the Path Vertically
Shear the Path Horizontally to the Right
Shear the Path Horizontally to the Left
Shear the Path Vertically Up
Shear the Path Vertically Down
Rotate the Path Counter-Clockwise
Rotate the Path Clockwise
Shrink the Size of the Path by shown %
Enlarge the Size of the Path by shown %
Reduce the Size of the Path by the shown value
Enlarge the Size of the Path by the shown value

I think this, rather large set, would pretty much complete the conversion to a
tango style. I suppose we might find one or two more here and there but its
not that obvious now.

This is not a request for a rush to get these done, but so you know, we are
moving very quickly towards a 1.3.4RC in the coming weeks and then a 1.3.4 a
little later. Any icon submission would not need to be there for the RC. If
you can help us out, that would be appreciated a lot. I know there are a lot
there, they do not all have to be done for 1.3.4.

Regards
Craig
Scribus Team

PS I am now subscribed to the list