[Tango-artists] Website usage/license

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Fri Jan 26 19:34:31 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 15:08 -0500, Eric wrote:
> I've noticed a few sites (blogs, mostly) using some of the Tango
> icons. I'm curious how the CC-BY-SA applies here, does anyone know?
>
> Obviously the page in question would need attribution and a link back
> to the Tango site (the BY portion). But how was the SA portion play
> in? Does showing the images (derived or not) suffice SA as long as
> they do not impede on downloading the image?

If they display the work, make derivatives or anything else the license
allows they should, yes, be linking back to as defined by the BY portion
of the license.

-> "You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or
licensor."

Maybe we should define that to specify we would rather appreciate a link
back and mentioning of the license our work is under. :)

> Unfortunately it doesn't appear the FAQ on the CC website addresses this. :-(

-Pascal