[Tango-artists] VMware-related Tango questions

Jakub Steiner jimmac at novell.com
Tue Mar 27 14:33:50 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 13:48 -0700, Christian Hammond wrote:
> Having a generic "USB" icon is quite useful actually. While it's all
> well and good to have an icon for every type of USB device, you would
> want a fallback I would think, and sometimes you want to reference the
> concept of a USB device rather than specific USB devices. For us, it's
> a definite necessity, as we're indicating "USB support" rather than
> any one specific device. The icon is saying "You have support for USB
> for this virtual machine."

Hi again.

It's going to be hard to do without being able to use the logo. Maybe
just having the typical plug/connector will do. The big question remains
the context/name. Unidentified-device-usb? io-usb? connector-usb?
bus-usb? controller-usb? Rodney, help! :) For the generic memory -
memory? memory-ram?

Wrt the favorites icon, I don't think it's implied that an emblem cannot
be used on its own and is only overlaid on top of another item.
Duplicating the very same icon is not a good idea. I see it perfectly
appropriate to use it the way you do in the interface.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at novell.com>