[Tango-artists] Tryin' to figure out what to do

J-R DUBOC jr.duboc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 13:26:58 PDT 2008

Hi all,
thank you all for your answers,

> As far as pending designs, I'm not sure if there is anyplace to check. The Tango set in its
> current state is pretty complete. Although not as complete as the Gnome version.

Can you explain to me what the difference is between the Tango set and
the Gnome version ? How would one contribute to that ? Do we need to
be in contact with the Gnome team ?

>I don't think their is a set collection of tutorials to design GNOME icons... They are packaged >with the icon-naming-utils to fit with the Gnome and KDE icon specifications. Then a simple >config script is included and they are archived.

All right, see this is the part that is (to me) not so clear in the
Tango Icon Theme Guidelines (although it might be better suited for
another page on the Tango project website).
The best thing would be to record a step-to-step guide as how to
integrate your icon in the system itself, in other words : how the
heck do I get to see my work on a real desktop interface ?

Thank you again for the hints,

Jean-Rémy Duboc