[Tango-artists] license compatibility when bundling in web software

Fabrizio Balliano fabrizio.balliano at crealabs.it
Thu Jun 5 07:07:41 PDT 2008

Hi to all,
I saw that licensing is a recurring argument here in the list, hope
I'll raise a different point off view.

I'm developing an AGPL3 web software which needs some icons. Due to
the fact that's web based it obviously can't seek icons in the same
way a desktop application does but I've to bundle icons in the
package.

This raises licensing issue because tango is CC and it seems (I'm
reading many different opinions) that I can't budle/distribute tango
icon theme in that software.

Can someone confirm this issue?
Thank you everybody
My best regards