[Tango-artists] Dojo Toolkit icon project

Nikolai Onken nonken at dojotoolkit.org
Tue Jun 17 06:22:13 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I am not sure whether this list is the right place to send this email
to, if it's not please let me know.
I am core developer of the Dojo Toolkit, one of the leading JavaScript
frameworks and currently working
on redesigning the themes. You can see current progress:

http://nikolaionken.com/dojo/nihilo/dijit/tests/layout/test_Gui.html?theme=nihilo

vs. current state

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/dojotoolkit/dijit/tests/layout/test_Gui.html?theme=nihilo

Please excuse the slowness of the loading process, the files are not
optimized at all and are just serving a testing purpose.

One major drawback of the visual effectiveness of the toolkit is the
lack of a good icon set, there are icons - some really bad ones, some
less.
Most other libraries just take their icons from other sources but we
would like to see if we can create a Dojo specific icon library.

I was wondering what the best way would be to set up an effort to
create such a Dojo Toolkit specific icon theme and am wondering if
there are
people interested in joining such an effort (would this then be the
Tango Dojo Icon library?).
The licensing model of the Dojo toolkit is completely open, we use a
modified BSD or Academic Free License.
I personally live in Amsterdam, Netherlands, most core developers
currently reside in the US.
Regards,

Nikolai Onken

I am around on the #dojo IRC channel on irc.freenode.net (nonken)
or on gtalk: nikolai.onken