[Tango-artists] Moodle-Theme based on Tango and CC License

Martin Butz butz at sym.net
Wed Feb 25 07:37:30 PST 2009

Hi,

I hope, this is the right place to turn to.

I have two questions:

(1) I made a Odalis/Moodle [1] theme including a new icon set based on
the Tango Icon Library. Basically I drew all needed icons on the base of
a 16x16 svg version, which made it easy to create an extensible library
for Moodle and Odalis.

I would like to have a hint included on the Tango site if possible. To
whom should I turn to? Who is maintaining the site? What are the usual
procedures in such a case? I see, that the Claroline Tango icon set is
mentioned at: http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Library

(2) A client would like to use the new theme. Is it sufficient to
include the Creative Commons link on the imprint page? Or in the source
code of the Moodle site?

I need some help understanding the terms of use. What does the "Creative
Commons Attribution Share-Alike license" exactly mean with respect to
the Tango Icon Library? The license says:

"You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or
licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your
use of the work). Attribute this work: What does 'Attribute this work'
mean? The page you came from contained embedded licensing metadata,
including how the creator wishes to be attributed for re-use. You can
use the HTML here to cite the work. Doing so will also include metadata
on your page so that others can find the original work as well."

As the terms of use on the Tango site [2] do not conain "embedded
licensing metadata, including how the creator wishes to be attributed
for re-use".

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks a lot
Martin

[1] More information about Moodle/Odalis (= MoOdalis)
[2] http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project

sym.net  ||  butz & siefer gbr  ||  50670 koeln  ||  hansaring 78
phone +49(0)221/3762591 fax +49(0)221/3762595 - mail butz at sym.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ www.sym.net | www.moodalis.net ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~