[Tango-artists] pdf file icon

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 07:14:45 PDT 2009

Hi,

If you want to create one yourself, for your own personal use, feel free
to. We can't legally include the PDF logo in an icon theme, as we don't
have license to use the Trademark.

Better yet, enable thumbnailing of PDF files on your system. You'll be
able to distinguish the PDFs more easily then.

Also, the correct name is "application-pdf.{png,svg}" for the icon. The
"gnome-mime-*" files are symlinks to provide backwards compatibility for
older versions of GNOME, so that Tango will be usable on them as well.

Also, we will not be adding any new icons to tango-icon-theme. It has
been made Public Domain, and we are no longer developing it directly.
The Tango style is however, still alive, and we are pushing it's
adoption through using it in the upstream GNOME icon theme, as well as
in applications that have app-specific icons.

Thanks.