[Telepathy] telepathy-inspector (0.1) released!
dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 05:34:21 PDT 2006
Ar 14/08/2006 am 15:59, ysgrifennodd Daniel d'Andrada Tenorio de Carvalho:
> Hi everyone,
> Telepathy Inspector is a telepathy client (GTK+) whose objective is to
> expose all interfaces and functionalities implemented by a given connection
> manager along with its connections, channels, etc.
> The idea is to enable the user (likely to be a Telepathy developer) to
> easily view and access all methods and interfaces of all Telepathy entities
> (CMs, connections, etc), which could not be easily achieved using a regular
> telepathy client since it would (and should!) hide all Telepathy logic
> behind a pleasant, usability oriented, GUI.
Excellent! This has the beginnings of being a very useful tool for testing.
Some ideas for improvements:
- It seems somewhat erratic at detecting new channels. Does it connect to the
- Parse .manager files and provide a drop-down list of connection managers
rather than requiring the user to type the manager name in.
- Scan the bus for running connection managers on startup. For extra points,
detect when new connection managers appear on the bus.
- If both the previous points are done, it allows having a view which shows
all the available connection managers, which of them are running, and a
list of connections for each running manager.
- If pointed at a running connection manager, initialise the connection
window to the running state.
- Anywhere where the user needs to input a handle, have a drop-down list of
- Hide connection parameters named "password". :)
- Make boolean connection parameters use a toggle button rather than a text
entry. (À la gconf-editor.)
Thanks very much for this tool; I'm looking forward to see it develop.
More information about the Telepathy