[Telepathy] Boston notes

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Sat Oct 7 18:28:37 PDT 2006

On Oct 7, 2006, at 10:52 AM, Dafydd Harries wrote:

>  - Logging
>    API is not too hard to design -- let's get it done
>    Should be a sub-UI service
>    Might suck to have multiple implementations with different storage
>    (retrieving logs if code bitrots)

Adium, gaim and Kopete are all moving toward the Universal Log Format
[1] I helped design. I would be happy to lend a hand getting Telepathy
implementing ULF, and helping implement a logging API. Should we start
a new thread on this, or is IRC a better place to hash this out?

>  - iChat
>    Custom video stuff?
>    Nobody seems to be working on this
>    Falls under the category of compatibility/weaning people from
> proprietary
>    systems

There is some interest in this on the joscar lists. Alan Humpherys has
begun work on getting AIM Video conversations. As far as some of the
other things they've demoed for the next OS -- screensharing and
"appcasting" -- the former is almost identical to your VNC proposal
mentioned earlier, and the latter is just a hook client-side to change
the video-in source.

Any other questions about iChat? I'd be happy to answer them as best I
can.

-Colin

[1] http://purl.org/NET/ULF/SPEC