[Telepathy] RFC: draft chat state interface specification

Luiz Augusto von Dentz luiz.dentz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 14:08:36 PDT 2006

> That's getting a bit long, imagine
> tp_channel_iface_member_state_notification_send_notification (...). No
> thanks... MemberStates would suffice, if the methods/signals say
> Notification in them.

For glib based use it will be long in any case or you find
tp_channel_iface_member_state_send_notification not long?
But documentation could solve my problem and MemberStates
wont be confused with another states. So if there is no problem
with others kinds of channels we can proceed and get it included
into spec.

I don't understand, where would this be used? All the D-Bus signals that
> Telepathy emits can be "subscribed" to by interested parties by them
> adding a D-Bus match rule.

I meant in telepathy not dbus, something like subscribe ("presence") then
you
got a Notification/Publish Channel . In sip you can even have filters for
events
take a look http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4660.txt.