[Telepathy] paths for .manager files and other telepathy data?

Andre Magalhaes andrunko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:31:21 PDT 2006

Hi,

On 9/20/06, Robert McQueen <robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> I think that now we're getting more implementations of stuff that
> read/install/look for .manager files, it'd be good to standardise on
> where we should install them to, and where people should search for
> them. I propose the following:
>
> * all connection managers should install to $PREFIX/share/telepathy/managers
>
> * all clients should look for manager files in the following locations,
> in order of precedence:
>  - the managers subdir of all directories in TELEPATHY_DATA_PATH,
> separated by :
>  - $HOME/.telepathy/managers
>  - $PREFIX/share/telepathy/managers
>  - /usr/local/share/telepathy/managers
>  - /usr/share/telepathy/managers
>
> * we should immediately deprecate use of just ~/.telepathy/foo.manager
> because when we get chandlers and stuff it will get messy
That's fine with me, i will change tapioca-qt. Maybe we should add
/opt/share/telepathy/managers also to the list.

> Comments?
Just one question regarding the .manager format. I saw that
gabble.manager contains a key Name=gabble, should we use this key to
identify the CM name or should we use the filename without extension.

Ps.: The key name on group ConnectionManager is not documented on
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/ManagerFileFormat.

BR
Andrunko