[Telepathy] Get existing connection in clients

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Sat Apr 14 06:03:19 PDT 2007

Xavier Claessens wrote:
> Actually it's no more my problem, this should be discussed with nokia
> guys for the MC. btw, What's the policy in MC to recover already
> connected connections?

The design is currently such that MC is meant to be alive for as long as
any of your connections are, so it can always map between the accounts
and the connections it started. It has no persistent storage however, so
if MC dies due to some bug, it just kills all of the connections that
are running when you start it (!). I think this is a little poor from
the robustness point of view, and that it should be possible for MC to
recover it's state from the bus and some persistent storage (at least
some cache of the account->conn mapping, and the channels which its
"handling").

> Xavier.

Regards,
Rob