[Telepathy] How can I know if a MUC can be joined again ?

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 04:27:57 PDT 2007

Ar 21/04/2007 am 10:52, ysgrifennodd Xavier Claessens:
> Le jeudi 19 avril 2007 à 13:30 +0100, Dafydd Harries a écrit :
> > Ar 19/04/2007 am 12:11, ysgrifennodd Xavier Claessens:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > For Jabber/IRC it makes sense for the client to store the joined rooms
> > > and join them again when the client is restarted. For MSN is does not
> > > make any sense.
> > >
> > > How can I know if a MUC can be joined again later? We should have a flag
> > > somewhere, or does that already exists?
> > >
> > > For Jabber/IRC and other CM where it makes sense, I guess I can save the
> > > MUC's handle name and use that string to join the room later?
> >
> > Aren't the MSN rooms anonymous? I.e. their handle is 0. You could distinguish
> > on anonymous vs. non-anonymous if this is the case.
>
> You mean it's a private chat with handle 0 ? Or a group chat with handle
> 0 ? I think using MSN we can upgrade a private chat to a muc by inviting
> a contact to join a private chat... How does it work with tp spec ? The
> private chat channel is closed and a new group chat is created ?

I mean a group chat with handle 0. I.e. a group chat with no name. I don't
know what Butterfly currently does, but I would imagine that the easiest way
to do it is to make *every* text channel a group channel; you can simply use
the group interface to invite more people.

--
Dafydd