[Telepathy] How can I know if a MUC can be joined again ?

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 10:46:39 PDT 2007

Dafydd Harries wrote:
> I mean a group chat with handle 0. I.e. a group chat with no name. I don't
> know what Butterfly currently does, but I would imagine that the easiest way
> to do it is to make *every* text channel a group channel; you can simply use
> the group interface to invite more people.

FWIW, this was always the intention with the specification. UIs should
use the existence of the HANDLE_TYPE_ROOM handle to choose between
handling things like a chats or rooms, which means in the case of MSN
everything should be handle (0, 0) and use the group interface to
reflect the fact people can be added and removed at any time. I don't
think this is what butterfly does at the moment, but I regard this as a
bug. A UI could choose to coerce a two-person non-room group chat into
an IM session UI, but this deception shouldn't be carried out at the
Telepathy level.

Regards,
Rob