[Telepathy] Rich presence

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 14:53:54 PST 2007

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com wrote:
> I agree, it's good enough to cover most of implementations, (if you throw in altitude and
> horizontal/vertical accuracy).
> Now the question is, do we want it as special key names in the dictionary,
> or a specialized interface (or even GeoClue API infusion) will be a better
> approach.

The approach we were taking was to add a GeoLocation interface to the
Connection object. For the same reasons that the XMPP community has
created PEP for rich presence features, I'm concerned about bloating the
Telepathy presence definition (even worse than it currently is, although
tp-glib defines a simple presence interface for CMs which we're likely
to move into the spec at some point) with information beyond a status,
message and last idle time. Accordingly, stuff like mood, location and
currently playing song should be added in specific interfaces for those
functions.

> Best regards,
>   Mikhail

Regards,