[Telepathy] Group interface usage?

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at basyskom.de
Thu Jul 19 02:18:43 PDT 2007

Hi there!

I am currently thinking about moving my telepathy-snom module over to the
Group interface, but am having a bit of a problem to figure out how that
interface is supposed to get used.

What I currently do for outgoing connections is this:

I give a contact to the Connection's RequestConnection method and get a
Channel back that is trying to connect to the number registered for that
contact.

How does this work with the Group interface?

Which contact do I give at the RequestChannel method? The Spec says that the
Group interface will start out empty, so do I need to create the channel
first (maybe using the 0 handle) abd only afterwards add the contacts via the
Group interface? Does this effect both the local and remote site?

How do I add my local contact as a member? Do I need to AddMember it to get it
onto the localpending list and then AddMember it again to move it into the
list of current  members?

How do I get a remote member into the remote pendig list? How can I move it
from there into the list of current members?

I had assumed that I can just set up a Group object when the channel is
created with the local and remote contact already in the list of current
members, but the spec seems to say otherwise.

--

Tobias Hunger
Senior Software Engineer

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3968769 | Fax: -9736 |
tobias.hunger at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer