[Telepathy] MissionControl's spec

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 5 03:32:49 PST 2007

(replied only to Xavier by accident)

ext Xavier Claessens wrote:
>     1) I should add {Get|Set}IconName{Updated} to the Account interface?

I think an icon name for the presets is what we really need, but the
GetIconName API can be handy anyways.

>     2) If no presets are provided, who decides DisplayName/IconName?

We have the SetDisplayName API; about the account icon, as I wrote above
I think it's not a useful concept: I'd have an icon associated with the
preset, or maybe with the CM.

[...agree on the rest...]

If I got the picture correctly, some package will install presets file
in XDG_DATA_DIRS/telepathy/presets, which MC will monitor and process as
soon as a new .presets file appears.
So, some questions about this:

1) Should MC monitor for the presets files, of should there be an API
which tells MC to refresh its idea of presets files?

2) Clients will need a ListPresets() (of FindPresets(), with some
parameters such as the protocol or the CM) API for enumerating presets.
Also, a PresetsAdded/Deleted signal to be informed when a new file
appears/disappears.

BTW, we are still missing the Set/GetAlias method and AliasChanged signal.

Ciao,
   Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it <-- Geek in un lingua international!