[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.7.0
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 08:22:32 PST 2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is the first release on the 0.7 development branch. The main change
is the addition of Tubes - we've finally managed to get the various
OLPC-specific branches reviewed and merged. We aim to get this release
into Update.1 of the OLPC system software.
Darcs repository: http://projects.collabora.co.uk/darcs/telepathy/telepathy-gabble
Darcs tag: "telepathy-gabble 0.7.0"
* All the same bug fixes as today's stable branch release, 0.6.1
* Tubes, a generic transport for collaborative applications:
* multi-user D-Bus tubes, where the collaboration is in a MUC (chat room)
which behaves a lot like the D-Bus daemon
* one-to-one D-Bus tubes, which behave a lot like peer-to-peer D-Bus
* multi-user stream tubes, where one user in a MUC exports a Unix,
IPv4 or IPv6 server socket and other users can connect to it
* one-to-one stream tubes, just like multi-user but without the MUC
* Support for the OLPC Activity and Buddy abstractions
* A man page and some protocol documentation
* The connection manager binary now installs to $libexecdir -
distributors take note!
D-Bus tubes require libdbus-1 version 1.0.2 or better; if you compile
against an older version of libdbus you won't get D-Bus tubes support.
Full Darcs changes would be too long for this e-mail, but are available
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: OpenPGP key: http://www.pseudorandom.co.uk/2003/contact/ or pgp.net
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Telepathy