[Telepathy] Improved chandler/filter system for MC

Jiri Baum jiri at baum.com.au
Tue Oct 9 21:15:32 PDT 2007

Alban Crequy:
> 7) a) I am currently in a meeting and I use Abicollab + voice call for
> working. A friend bothers me because he try to start a gtetrinet
> session with me. Because I don't want the status icon blinking nor the
> gtetrinet client opens up, I want to disable all games services during
> the meeting.
> Do my contacts know if I am available for chatting, and abicollab, but
> I don't want to be disturbed by tetrinet-x? Maybe I want a different
> presence for each service. How to keep it simple to the user?

As with per-protocol presence, I suspect what you really want is
per-contact-group presence. After all, many services might be used both for
work and for play (abicollab in particular might fall in this category).

On the other hand, some services might have autonomous mode - once you've
authorised your calendar to reply to free-time queries from a contact, it can
do that even when you're otherwise engaged. However, it can do that by
inserting itself higher in the filter chain.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <jiri at baum.com.au>                   http://www.baum.com.au/~jiri