[Telepathy] New Connection Manager

Ralf Kistner ralf.kistner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 02:38:04 PST 2008

I'm busy developing a connection manager for the MXit protocol
(http://www.mxit.co.za), with telepathy-python. Most of the code I
based on the Butterfly project. This, together with the Telepathy
specifications, was good enough to get most of the basic features to
work (messaging, presence, aliasing, etc).

However, I'm having trouble implementing some features not present in
the Butterfly project, for example file transfers (I know the spec is
only in draft version, but I'm willing to change my implementation as
the spec is updated). One of my biggest problems is, how do I test it?
Currently I'm using the Empathy package for Ubuntu from launchpad.

Are there any better tools available for testing the connection
manager? I didn't have much luck with telepathy-inspector.

If anyone is interested, I'm currently hosting my project at
http://code.google.com/p/telepathy-mixer/

Regards,
Ralf Kistner