[Telepathy] Review of MissionControl spec

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 07:54:08 PST 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 at 14:31:50 +0100, Xavier Claessens wrote:
> 2) RegisterChandler is on the AccountManager object because that's the
> object we are sure MC is always exporting when it's running. Chandlers
> can handle channels regardless of the account it comes from, so we can't
> put this method in Account interface. But I'm not sure registering a
> chandler is part of the account management... I think we should add a
> Chandler iface on /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/MissionControl object.

I think there should be one MissionControl interface that's guaranteed to
exist (erm, perhaps we could call it MissionControl?) with a GetInterfaces()
method - just like the Connection and Channel in Telepathy core.
Everything else, including AccountManagement, can be optional, at least
in principle.

(Obviously, a MissionControl with no accounts is pretty useless - but so's a
ConnectionManager that can't make connections, and
examples/cm/no-protocols/ in telepathy-glib darcs implements exactly
that.)

    Simon