[Telepathy] What is missing Yahoo VOIP/Webcam ?

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 25 01:48:33 PDT 2008

Hello,

which are the pieces missing in telepathy/empathy/farsight to get closer
to voice and video support for YM?

 From what I have read so far there's an unmaintained farsight-1 plugin,
and a connection manager needs to be written (so it cannot be done using
haze I presume?).

I am new to the whole telepathy stack, having only read about it so far,
and being confused by the multitude of codenames of components and
projects I could use a few pointers from someone who has a clear idea
about how YM vv interop could be achieved.

thank you
Jani