[Telepathy] Empathy-0.22.1 - Webcam

Philippe HENSEL philippe.hensel at uha.fr
Sat May 3 09:12:17 PDT 2008

Dear developpers,

Thank you for telepathy and empathy.
I've recently installed empathy-0.22.1 debian sid packages
and made calls with asterisk. Audio works fine, but I got some others
problems :
- When placing a call my webcam very long time to be detected and
the call takes place only when local image appear. When unplugging
webcam, the problem disappears.
- By examining asterisk debug messages, no video codec appears into
the list of empathy available codecs (there is only audio codecs :
speex, PCMA, PCMU).
- Xavier recently added a keypad in the call window to send DTMF,
it is supported in telepathy-sofiasip but not in telepathy-gabble
(XEP-181).

Thanks for helping.

Université de Haute Alsace
Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Colmar
Département Réseaux et Télécommunications
Chef de Département
Philippe HENSEL
34, rue du Grillenbreit
68000 COLMAR