[Telepathy] Vino-telepathy for a single window?

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Aug 5 10:32:54 PDT 2009

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 at 12:20:02 -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> So my question is: Do you think it would be possible, with the
> Vino+telepathy codebase, to stop and start screen updates based on an
> external signal, while allowing client-server interaction to continue?

I think this is entirely Vino and not at all Telepathy, to be honest :-)
All the work takes place at the Vino end of the stream, and the Telepathy
tube (and Vinagre at the other end) shouldn't need to know or care
that the window has been frozen or thawed.

I don't know anything about the internals of Vino, but I suspect it might not
be significantly harder to "say what you mean" and have Vino spy on a
particular window rather than the whole desktop (which would also make it
much more useful outside Sugar).

    Simon