[Telepathy] Use telepathy-farsight with telepathy

Fabien LOUIS flouis at viotech.net
Tue Feb 10 06:14:45 PST 2009

Hi,

Le samedi 07 février 2009 à 17:32 +0100, Simon McVittie a écrit :
> Perhaps a telepathy-farsight developer can advise on this.

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, regarding telepathy-farsight source code, I partly solved my
problem. In fact, now I create a telepathy channel with CreateChannel
and afterwards a tpfarsight.Channel with the existing telepathy channel
path.

When the channel is ready ("NewChannel" signal), I request a stream on
telepathy channel (same as before) with RequestStreams. According to
what I saw in the source, this should trigger the whole machinery,
linking the farsight channel and the telepathy channel. Then, I call
lookup_stream on tpfarsight channel, with id of the stream created on
the telepathy channel.

Beforehand, I was creating my stream while the channel was not
necessarily ready yet, perhaps it's a reason to my problem.
This is where I stand now: I still get a NULL value when calling
lookup_stream, but now I have some debug information and errors. It
seems that some operation in gstreamer are now performed, which makes me
hoping I'm getting closer. Here is the info:

There are my traces:
[user2] New org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.StreamedMedia channel
(/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/gabble/jabber/fabienlouis4_40jabber_2efr_2fTelepathy/MediaChannel0)
[user2] tf_channel <tf.Channel object at 0x92f143c (TfChannel at
0x938f460)>
[user2] Get stream 1
[channel_lookup_stream] stream_id 1 et stream vaut (nil)
[user2] tf_stream None
** (test.py:18570): DEBUG: GetSessionHandlers replied:
** (test.py:18570): DEBUG:   -
session /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/gabble/jabber/fabienlouis4_40jabber_2efr_2fTelepathy/MediaChannel0
** (test.py:18570): DEBUG:     type rtp
** (test.py:18570): DEBUG: adding session
handler /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/gabble/jabber/fabienlouis4_40jabber_2efr_2fTelepathy/MediaChannel0, type rtp

(test.py:18570): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_ref: assertion
`object != NULL' failed
** (test.py:18570): DEBUG: _tf_session_dispose

** (test.py:18570): WARNING **: failed to create session: Invalid
session type

Apparently the problem occurs when creating the session.

In order to help other people, I attach my test program that reproduces
the problem.

Any idea is welcomed

Thank you very much,
Fabien LOUIS