[Telepathy] Empathy and jabber transports

Neil Loknath neil.loknath at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 12:07:08 PST 2009

Hi,

Does empathy support jabber transports?  For example, MSN transports?
Almost 100% of my contacts are on MSN.

I realize empathy does support other IM protocols.  But, I am interested in
the MSN transport through jabber.  The reason is that I am under the
impression that if can access my MSN contacts through a jabber server, I can
interact with them via telepathy tubes.  Is that true?  Would I still be
able to interact with MSN contacts via tubes if I don't go through jabber?
I am interested in possibly doing some development with other applications
via tubes to interact with IM contacts.  It would be a big plus if having
contacts on the MSN network wasn't a barrier.

Thanks,
Neil