[Telepathy] Question about SimplePresence in Empathy.

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 07:29:19 PDT 2009

Le mercredi 08 juillet 2009 à 12:26 +0200, Krzysztof Klinikowski a
écrit :
> Hello again.
> Im writting my CM as some poeple from IRC channel may know.
> Im using SimplePresence interface instead of Presence because its just
> simpler and fill all my needs but when Im trying to change status in
> Empathy that just doesnt work. SetPresence is not called or smth. Is
> that normal? Maybe im doing something wrong or maybe Empathy doesnt
> support SimplePresence SetPresence yet? On telepathy-inspector it sets
> presence normally without any problems.

As far as I know, MC5 uses the old presence interface, so it's not using
SimplePresence's SetPresence call. It it not Empathy's repsonsability.

So for the moment, your CM will have to implement both interfaces,
sorry.

Probably MC5 is using SimplePresence, and we are working to port Empathy
to MC5, so your problem will be solved soon, I hope.

Xavier Claessens.