[Telepathy] empathy and mc5 migration

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Thu Jun 18 13:25:48 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 07:10:30PM +0200, Xavier Claessens wrote:
> Le jeudi 18 juin 2009 à 11:04 -0500, Mike Turquette a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does the master head of Empathy (2.27.x) work with MC5?  I'd like to
> > use MC5 if possible, but I obviously want a client I can use on top of
> > it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
>
> Empathy is not yet ported to MC5. I hope to get it done before 2.28.

This will definately get done before 2.28. I've been doing some of the
preliminary work for that over the past few weeks (both refactoring bits to
make porting easier and mapping what needs to be done) and hope to get a bit
more done on that in the coming week or two.

Also  We're planning to have a small (informal) Empathy hackfest at the Gran
Canaria Desktop Summit in a few weeks, my personal goal there is to get the
initial port of empathy on top of MC5 actually working. Several other empathy
developers already mentioned they'd like to help out in this, so it's looking
good :)

  Sjoerd
--
You cannot have a science without measurement.
		-- R. W. Hamming