[Telepathy] empathy busy/away status icons color

Fernando ferkiwi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 03:39:41 PDT 2009

Hello.
I've started using empathy and I find quite disorienting the colors
that are used for the status icons.

Every messaging client I know of (Pidgin, Gajim, Gtalk, MSN, Yahoo)
uses a red icon for the "busy" status, while the "away" status icon is
either yellow or some white/light color. This color scheme is pretty
much a de-facto standard in IM clients, imho.

I think that empathy should follow this guidelines, as it's intended
to give support to these protocols. For me it's quite confusing and I
usually tend to think that someone is away when it's busy and busy
when it's away.

I've attached a recolored version of the icons in this email, in svg.
What's your opinion?

--
Fernando