[Telepathy] TelepathyQt4 - Problem with PendingOperation

Dariusz Mikulski malcolm at sourcecode.pl
Thu May 14 08:00:05 PDT 2009

thiagoss wrote:
> I'm learning TelepathyQt4 and there seems to be a problem with
> PendingOperation. My toy application is intended to list gmail
> contacts and it is far from complete. The code is here:
> http://pastebin.com/m449df281
>
> The function in lines 31-50 request the connection to the jabber
> server, but I get 'WARNING: Tp::PendingOperation(0x2a17480) still
> pending when it was deleted - finished will never be emitted ' on the
> console and I don't know how to proceed.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

In 41 line you create new shared pointer "Tp::ConnectionPtr conn =
pc->connection();" and in 46 connecting it. Its wrong becouse your
pointer is destroyed when function connectionCreatedFinished end.
You can try to move your pointer to private members of the MainWindow class.

--
Br,
Dariusz Mikulski

Collabora Ltd.