[Telepathy] using ContactCapabilities?

Jiri Baum jiri at baum.com.au
Sun Nov 8 21:03:43 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm tryint to use ContactCapabilities, and not having much luck.

What I'm trying to do: before offering a DBus Tube to a contact, check that
the contact is running a copy of the same program.

Is ContactCapabilities the correct API for that?

Now, in order to advertise it, I do:
        self.conn['org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.Interface.ContactCapabilities'].UpdateCapabilities(
        [
            ('org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.au_com_baum_example',
              {'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.ChannelType':
                   'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.DBusTube',
               'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.TargetHandleType': 1},
              ['org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.TargetHandle',
               'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.TargetID',
               'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.DBusTube.ServiceName',
               'au.com.baum.example')])

where org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.au_com_baum_example is the service name
I've claimed and au.com.baum.example is the service I'm running over the tube.

To check for it on the other end, I include
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.Interface.ContactCapabilities in the
GetContactAttributes call, which returns a list of things, but none of them
have any mention of au.com.baum.example or au_com_baum_example.

I suspect there's some minor thing I'm doing wrong somewhere, but I'm not sure
how to look for it...

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <jiri at baum.com.au>                   http://www.baum.com.au/~jiri