[Telepathy] XMPP with Domain

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 14:52:26 PDT 2009

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 at 15:13:34 -0400, John Navarro wrote:
> I did this and it doesn't seem to work. I entered the username as  xxxxxxx at its - what looks strange is the _40its0. He here is the debug log captured:
[...]
> empathy/Account-DEBUG: 1.256757e+09: _empathy_account_set_connection: Readying connection for /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/gabble/jabber/xxxxxxxx_40its0

FWIW, that's normal. The 'account' parameter is xxxxxxx at its, the @ is escaped
as _40 because "@" isn't valid in a D-Bus object path, and the 0 is appended
by Mission Control in case you have more than one account with the same name
(if you did, you'd get an increasing number at the end).

(It may sound stupid to have two accounts with the same name, but it's very
likely on IRC, if you use the same nickname on two different servers.)

    Simon