[Telepathy] Feature request: make it clearer when there are new, hidden messages

Cory Kaufman cory at brightbridge.net
Mon Feb 15 14:45:10 PST 2010

Hi,

Currently if I am chatting with someone and I switch to another window, any
chats they sent me are hidden and the view stays where I left it before
switching. I understand the reasoning behind this (even though it differs
from how most other chat apps work) because you don't get lost of the other
person sends a whole bunch of messages.

However: it is hard to see at a glance that there are messages I am not
seeing, unless the other person has written enough to push the scrollbar up
significantly. It would be really helpful if there were a clear indication
that there are new messages and I can scroll down to see them. Even if it's
as simple as a small overlaid message at the bottom that says "There are
newer messages below, scroll to see them".

Thanks!

Cory
--
Cory Kaufman