[Telepathy] Any tutorials/guides for implementing custom connection managers using Telepathy-Qt4?

Sudheer K. scifi.guy at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 4 19:23:41 PDT 2010

Will Thompson <will.thompson at ...> writes:

> telepathy-qt4 is currently targeted at Telepathy clients; there is no
> generated code or helper API to aid in writing connection managers. Not
> to say that you can't do it, but you'd have to implement the D-Bus API
> directly using QtDBus.
>
> C with telepathy-glib, and Python with telepathy-python (to a lesser
> extent), have both generated and hand-written code to help you implement
> connection managers. Most CMs are implemented using the former.
>
> What protocol are you implementing a CM for?
>
> Regards,

Hi Will,

Thanks for your response. I am trying to create a new CM based on Maemo's
telepathy-ring (tel protocol). It is written using telepathy-glib.

I was looking for Telepathy-Qt4 because I developed my application using Qt, and
I thought it would make sense to have all the code in Qt. Guess I should just
focus on GLib then considering all the resources available :)

~Sudheer