[Telepathy] Any tutorials/guides for implementing custom connection managers using Telepathy-Qt4?

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 11:38:21 PDT 2010

On 04/07/10 07:53, Sudheer K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a new connection manager using Qt4 for my
> application in maemo. Telepathy Developer manual and Wiki pages have
> very good resources for glib and python but almost none for Qt4. I
> understand this might be still work in progress. Unfortunately I am a
> beginner and I don't have enough knowledge in GTK/Python to be able to
> relate them in Qt.
>
> Can anyone point me to a guide or a basic tutorial for creating custom
> connection managers in telepathy Qt4? I have searched on freedesktop.org
> I couldn't find anything.

telepathy-qt4 is currently targeted at Telepathy clients; there is no
generated code or helper API to aid in writing connection managers. Not
to say that you can't do it, but you'd have to implement the D-Bus API
directly using QtDBus.

C with telepathy-glib, and Python with telepathy-python (to a lesser
extent), have both generated and hand-written code to help you implement
connection managers. Most CMs are implemented using the former.

What protocol are you implementing a CM for?

Will