[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: ssh-contact 0.1

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:26:35 PDT 2010

I’m glad to announce the first release of ssh-contact[1], previously
known as telepathy-ssh[2] but renamed because there is already so many
telepathy-foo projects (mainly ConnectionManagers) that it could be
confusing.

Distro packagers, the tarball is available[3]. I’ll probably host the
project on freedesktop.org in the future.

Feedback would be appreciated!

What is it?
SSH-Contact is a client/service tool that makes easy to connect your
telepathy IM contacts via SSH. No need to care about dynamic IP, NAT,
port forwarding, or firewalls anymore; if you can chat with a friend,
you can also SSH him.

[1] http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=ssh-contact.git;a=summary
[2] http://blogs.gnome.org/xclaesse/2010/07/12/ssh-your-im-contacts/
[3] http://people.collabora.co.uk/~xclaesse/ssh-contact/