[Telepathy] Porting a Connection Manager from 2.26 to 2.28

Edward Page eopage at byu.net
Sat Mar 6 12:50:29 PST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 4:39 AM, Will Thompson
<will.thompson at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> You basically don't have to do anything. Just don't ship a .profile, and it
> should show up in Empathy.
>
> But if you want to show a nicer, localizable protocol name in Empathy, you
> should send a patch to add it to the table in
> empathy_protocol_name_to_display_name().

I think I'm missing something here.  I just fired up a VM with Ubuntu
9.10.  I went to http://theonering.garage.maemo.org and downloaded my
".deb".  I installed it on the system.  I launched Empathy, went to
create an account, and did not see The One Ring in it.  I then fired
up a python prompt and confirmed that telepathy-python's
ManagerRegistry was aware of  The One Ring and was able to communicate
with it.  That suggests to me I had my ".service" file and ".manager"
file all setup correctly but something is still missing for it to work
with Empathy.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Ed Page