[Telepathy] thinking about a new log format for telepathy-logger

Cosimo Alfarano cosimo.alfarano at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 10:19:59 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 13:45 +1100, Danielle Madeley wrote:
> There is a solution #5, which is to use some other database format. I
> wonder if qdbm (http://qdbm.sourceforge.net/) could be used.

Weeks ago I stumbled upon http://hamsterdb.com/, anyone used it or know
something else similar?
I felt it might be a good compromise among data abstraction, reliability
and access time. I didn't tried it, thought.

About SQLite, it would be my choice but it got some limitations.
AKA: "SQLite is a great tool but cannot be used as full relational db"
tip.

The temptation using SQL is to rely on things like transactions, which
SQLite just emulates and maybe on triggers/stored procedures.
Most of the times there is no substantial difference, though special
care to concurrent writing should be taken.
This at least the suggestions I received by who already used it for a
similar task.

C.