[Telepathy] thinking about a new log format for telepathy-logger

Ivan Vučica ivucica at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:28:28 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 18:19, Cosimo Alfarano <
cosimo.alfarano at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

> The temptation using SQL is to rely on things like transactions, which
> SQLite just emulates and maybe on triggers/stored procedures.

Transactions speed up things considerably in SQLite. Sending stuff in one
big transaction is much faster than sending them one by one. Guess how I
know :-)

Otherwise, I didn't go reading on SQLite's implementation of transactions,
but speed improvements when doing thousands of insertions at once are worth
using them. Of course, you rarely do that kind of stuff with SQLite;
nevertheless...

Also, I don't think a logging system needs a full relational DB :-)

Ivan Vučica