[Telepathy] Video Chat Activity

Swarandeep Singh swarndeep2smart at gmail.com
Mon May 3 06:05:35 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:

> On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 20:04, Swarandeep Singh
> <swarndeep2smart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some of the student developers at NSIT are working on developing Video
> Chat
> > Activity for the OLPC Laptop.Our basic aim is to develop this activity
> for
> > the sugar OS/framework by taking use of Empathy's video capabilities and
> > features.
>
> Hi Swarandeep,
>
> are you aware of this similar effort?

Thanks Tomeu for sharing the pointers.

Yes I am aware of this thing,but the starting point of this project is quite
different from what we are looking.We are looking at the video chat
capabilities of Empathy and then porting/developing it for Sugar OS.

Regards

Swarandeep

There starting point is quite different as far as I know

> http://foss.rit.edu/aggregator/sources/1
>
> I think they are quite advanced in their implementation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu
>
> > Can someone guide us on the following pointers.
> >
> > 1.What shall be a good starting point for this project?
> > 2.What shall be the roadmap for this project?
> > 3.What shall be the timeline for developing the basic video chat
> > capabilities?
> >
> > We plan to further extending this video chat activity by allowing
> multi-user
> > chats.The videos of the chats shall be uploaded automatically on an
> online
> > location.
> >
> > Best regards
> > --
> > Swarandeep Singh
> > Undergraduate Student, IT Department NSIT, Delhi University, India

Swarandeep Singh
Director,Event Management & Finance
CSI NSIT Students Branch | http://societies.nsitonline.in/csi
Undergraduate Student, IT Department NSIT, Delhi University, India
Contact:+91 9873673566
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/swarandeepsingh

contains information which may be of a confidential and privileged nature.
If you are not the intended recipient, or authorized to receive it on their
behalf, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. We make
every effort to keep our systems virus-free. However, we recommend that this
e-mail and any attachments are scanned for viruses as we can take no
responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of
this e- mail. If you received this communication in error please notify us
immediately and then destroy it