[Telepathy] Stage of proxy support

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Mon May 3 15:28:16 PDT 2010

Le mardi 04 mai 2010 à 01:06 +0300, Felipe Contreras a écrit :
> That's not exactly correct. Haze already has proxy support, since
> libpurple does... plugging libproxy would be a nice touch, but I doubt
> many people use automatic proxy configuration anyway.

LibProxy is not just WPAD and PAC (automatic configuration). It also
reads your system configuration and expose it through the API. It also
handles for you the list of domain/sub-domain/ip/network exceptions.

The biggest use case I've been exposed to is users that must use SOCKS
and/or HTTP proxy to access anything outside their internal network.
That means, most software need to use those proxies. Configuring
softwares over and over with the same information is not for me
something I want to do.