[Telepathy] Stage of proxy support

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Wed May 5 14:10:18 PDT 2010

Le mercredi 05 mai 2010 à 22:49 +0200, Ivan Vučica a écrit :

> It is, however, interesting that the user would not be able to find
> that configuration option that easily. An instructive label (perhaps a
> button to launch the configuration utility) would be much better than
> just omitting the option.

If you try chromium, you'll find that they do exactly like you said.
They have a proxy settings section with a button that launches s system
UI (gnome-network-properties in Gnome). I would also recommend UI that
do connect through proxies to detect proxy specific errors, and propose
such a button while reporting the connection error.

> I currently can't fathom how this relates to my mini-response, and if
> it does, why do you think that I cannot write Javascript?

Was not aimed to anybody, just a joke for enthusiast that always want
more ;)

Cheer,
Nicolas