[Telepathy] API Draft for high level tubes in tp-qt4

Andre Moreira Magalhaes andre.magalhaes at collabora.co.uk
Wed May 12 08:19:09 PDT 2010

On 12/05/10 11:30, Andre Moreira Magalhaes wrote:
> On 11/05/10 13:36, Olli Salli wrote:
>> Finally had time to take a more thorough look at your code. Some
>> observations:
>>
>> Account::createStreamTube: about including TargetHandle == 0 in the
>> request when contact is NULL: the spec states about TargetHandle that
>> "If this is present in a channel request, it must be nonzero". So, I
>> think you should return a PendingChannelRequest which fails
>> immediately if the contact isn't valid. However, I realize what you
>> did is what the other Account methods are doing as well - Andre, can
>> you give me a heads up on why this is so? Should we just change them
>> all in fact?
>
> I don't remember exactly why we used this here. But I remember Simon
> explaining why we should do so. I will check with him and let you know.

 From #telepathy at freenode:

<andrunko> smcv, "Account::createStreamTube: about including
TargetHandle == 0 in the request when contact is NULL: the spec states
about TargetHandle that "If this is present in a channel request, it
must be nonzero"."
<andrunko> smcv, you said me some time ago to use TargetHandle = 0 when
the contact is not passed, do you remember why exactly?
<smcv> andrunko: did I? and in the context of a request, or a set of
immutable properties?
<smcv> andrunko: (many things that are valid in channels' properties,
where every property must have a value, aren't valid in requests, where
they can be omitted)
<andrunko> smcv, I am quite sure you did :D. Request as in
Account::ensureTextChan, ...
<smcv> andrunko: I was wrong, then
<smcv> andrunko: TargetHandleType should be specified, and should be
None; TargetHandle should be 0
<smcv> andrunko: (I think)
<smcv> er
<smcv> gah, ignore that
<smcv> andrunko: TargetHandleType should be specified, and should be
None; TargetHandle should be omitted
<andrunko> ah ok, will update here

So we can remove the checks, and omit TargetHandle there. I vote to do
this in one commit after tube is merged.

BR
Andre