[Telepathy] TI Omap HW acceleration and SIP Video

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 15:29:58 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 14:50 +0200, Bas van den Berg wrote:
> I'm trying to debug our Telepathy-qt app. We've got audio running with
> sofiasip, but video doesn't show. I've started telepathy-sofiasip as
> stand-alone process to get debug info, but that doesn't show a lot.

> What I'm trying to find out is where the chain goes wrong. This could
> be SIP, Gstreamer (with video accel) or some config item.
>
> What would be the best way to split the problem? because debugging the
> whole thing is too much..

Debugging voip can be fun, starting from sofiasip is probably your best
bet. To get more info from a stand-alone process run:
TPORT_DEBUG=9 TPORT_LOG=1 SOFIASIP_DEBUG=all SOFIASIP_PERSIST=true <path
to tp-sofiasip>

It's quite likely though the problem is in the media path, using
gstreamers debugging facilities should be able to help you here.

Ooi, i recently played around with an igep development board (omap3) and
nicely got some telepathy apps running with video conferencing. Which
way of using the DSP are you using? dspbridge with gst-dsp or the
Openmax way of doing things ?

--
Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk>
Collabora Ltd.